Sunday, June 23, 2013

Thing #22: Your Turn

My Turn!


I chose to explore word clouds for the part of my blog. I love the integration of generating a visual using words. Although I know most people at my school use Wordle, I wanted to try something with more shape options. So, I chose Tagzedo instead. There are many pre-set shapes for layouts, fonts, and color themes. You can print out your word cloud, save it to your computer, or even make a product (like a tee) with your word cloud. How could I use this? Well, this would be a great exercise in the library about using personality traits o describe a book character, vocabulary words that fit a continent, or even a poem about the first days of school. For mine, I chose to describe my dog, since he's become a big part of my blog. Thanks for the inspiration, Charlie!


Charlie's tail is shorter, but otherwise a good likness


Although I love this idea, I think this is a bit beyond my realm. This blogging librarian created her OWN word cloud using a Cricuit machine that is owned by the school (lucky!). With sticky vinyl sheets, a leveler, and some help, the Mighty Little Librarian created something any librarian would envy... Sigh. What will these amazing librarians think up next?!


Talk about amazing. I want to be in her librarian! Can I be her student?


1 comment: