Sunday, June 23, 2013

Thing #15: Podcasts and Vidcasts

Podcasts & Vidcasts,

Oh my!


Video blogging with Windows Photo Story was very simple. Downloading the program was simple, typing captions over the photos was easy, choosing transitions was just as fast as it is in PowerPoint, so the only seemingly long task was choosing the music in the program. Not bad! Saving it wasn't hard either. Until... I tried to upload it on Blogger. Not good. 

I started wondering why this simple Windows program wasn't uploading! Why me? Why now? What did I do? Then, I realized. Although I had saved the files in both formats, I hadn't completed the story process! Seriously? I guess this is why 90% of technology problems is usually user-error. Shucks!

I would love to teach this to kids in the library. This could be a prelude to a family ancestry project or any kind of research process. I love looking for new clues about my ancestors, so I chose my mom's Italian grandparents. I have a lot of cool old black-and-white pictures my mom inherited that I scanned a couple of summers ago. Bellissima!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment