Sunday, June 23, 2013

Thing #19: Mashups

Mashing It Up


Created by www.ioexception.de


Mashups are applications through sites like Google, BigHuge Labs, and Flickr that take two or more web applications and allows users to mix them together. BigHuge Lab's homepage even says, "Home of fd's Flickr Toys," and "Helping you do cool stuff with your digital photos since 2005." I used the Mosaic Maker on BigHuge Labs to make a small mosaic of my pup. Although I used images on my computer, I could also have chosen images I uploaded to my Flickr account.


Charlie in 2012

Although I have already written about using the Trading Card Maker, I would also love to use Bookr in my library program. It's an online applicationt that allows anyone to create a storybook (or photobook as the site says) using creative common from Flickr, or non-copyrighted, pictures. Students could write about themselves- their families, hobbies, or futures. It wouldn't be hard for them to upload pictures and it would a) give them a chance to write,  b) practice writing proficiently on the computer, and c) search through the sea of creative commons pictures.

By the way, every Super Librarian needs her own library trading card, courtesy of the Trading Card Maker. Here is my wonderful creation...

Be amazed, be astounded, be afraid


No comments:

Post a Comment