Sunday, June 23, 2013

Thing #14: More Online Applications and Tools

Prezi 


One of the teachers at my old school had done a presentation with Prezi, so I forgot I actually had an account with the online application. It's basically like a PowerPoint, but ends up looking cleaner. When you look at a Prezi, it looks like an outline with boxes or visuals. As you present each slide or box (they are called frames & arrows in Prezi), that particular one is zoomed in. Some people like Prezis, because they are more interesting than the bells and whistles in PowerPoint, which often become overloaded with information. The downfall to Prezi is that sometimes the zooming in and out can make people dizzy (like me!). 

My favorite part of Prezi is you end up making your point with fewer words than in PowerPoint. No need to read it to your audience, as they can read it themselves, hopefully. Here's a sample Prezi of my journey to becoming a school librarian:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment